Zona Wyyerd (“Zona”) is seeking a Market Development Associate to support Zona’s ambitious expansion plans by analyzing market and project opportunities, building relationships with community and government officials and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to select projects, create plans and execute against them.
About Zona Wyyerd
Zona Wyyerd (“Zona”), a subsidiary of Wyyerd Group, is a fiber-to-the-premise internet and related services provider headquartered in Surprise, AZ and offering services across central Arizona. Put simply, Zona offers faster, more reliable and higher value internet with symmetrical speeds, no data caps, no contracts and no invoice surprises, and Zona backs it up with superior, local customer service. Zona offers a full suite of services for residences, businesses, enterprises, carriers and non-profit partners including government and education entities.
Zona, formerly known as Accipiter Communications, began in 1996, serving a 1,100 square mile area in Maricopa and Yavapai Counties. Following its acquisition by Wyyerd Group in July of 2019, Zona is now fully funded to pursue an aggressive expansion plan aimed at offering services extensively across central Arizona while strengthening our value and integrity commitments to all customers.
If you are interested in a fast-growing company with a collaborative team culture and a strong belief in treating customers like the friends and neighbors that they are, Zona may be just the right place for you. Visit zonawyyerd.com for more information.
About Wyyerd Group
Wyyerd Group, via its local operating entities, delivers fast, affordable, fiber-based internet access and related services, currently operating in four states and expanding both organically and inorganically. At Wyyerd, we believe that each community/region is unique and should be supported by an equally unique, locally-managed organization, led by a local team with full support from Wyyerd’s central team. Wyyerd’s vision is to become the cornerstone partner for internet connectivity, fiber and facilities interconnection, smart community enablement and sustainable development, one community at a time across the US and Southern Canada. Visit wyyerd.com for more information.
About This Role
The Market Expansion Manager is a critical team member who will work closely with many internal and external stakeholders in order to evaluate, recommend and implement expansion projects. The Market Expansion Manager will report directly to the GM of Zona Wyyerd and will be a member of the Zona leadership team.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Zona and Wyyerd teams to analyze market opportunities and recommend prioritization of geographical areas and specific projects based on selection criteria
- Provide thought leadership on appropriate criteria for selection of expansion projects
- Identify, engage and build relationships with community and municipality officials; serve as a champion for Zona’s mission, brand and service offerings
- Define and manage end-to-end project plans for network deployment projects, from evaluation through approval, design/engineering, permitting, construction and installation
- Communicate effectively with all teams and individuals, internal and external, involved in the end-to-end process
- Serve as a champion internally and externally of Zona’s mission, culture and expansion aspirations
- Identify roadblocks for management and identify/recommend solutions
- Maintain organized trackers, records and other data
- Effectively forecast, track and report out on results
- Other duties as required
- College degree and/or equivalent 3 to 5 yrs experience in similar field
- Positive attitude, high energy, eagerness to pursue new areas on behalf of the company, team player, creativity and “bulldog” mentality to get things done
- Demonstrated track record effectively identifying and cultivating relationships with municipal and community leaders
- Existing relationships with municipal and community leaders in the metro Phoenix area a big plus
- Ability to understand/learn the fiber network construction process
- Ability to understand/learn the basics of Zona’s fiber-based Internet service and associated product portfolio
- Working computer knowledge and Microsoft Office knowledge
- Strong ability to multitask
- Strong ability to collaborate and “project manage” an extensive group of internal and external stakeholders
- Requires sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, squeezing and crouching.
- Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 1-40 pounds.
- Close detail work requiring visual acuity.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary