Zona Wyyerd (“Zona”) is seeking a Technical and Activation Representative (TAR), an in-house technical support position, to assist residential and business customers both over the phone and in office with all internet- and-telephone related questions and challenges.
About Zona Wyyerd
Zona is Wyyerd’s first operating subsidiary to have the full opportunity to pursue its locally-focused, GM-led strategy with three balanced customer pursuits: 1) Residential and Small/Medium Business, 2) Wholesale and Enterprise Business, and 3) Smart Community (i.e., services provided to municipalities and not-for-profit agencies),. By extension, supporting the establishment and perfection of shared best practices with other GM’s and Wyyerd’s local operating ‘playbook’ are also key priorities.
Zona, formerly known as Accipiter Communications, began in 1996, and is a fiber-based communications company with a 1,100 square mile area serving region in Maricopa and Yavapai Counties in Arizona. Zona currently serves businesses, government entities and residential communities such as Vistancia and Sun City Festival. Since its acquisition by Wyyerd Group in July of 2019, Zona has been setting the building blocks to launch an aggressive expansion plan aimed at dramatically increasing its geographic reach and the customer base it is able to serve over the next several years. Zona Wyyerd’s main office is located in Peoria, AZ.
About Wyyerd Group
Wyyerd Group, via its local operating entities, delivers fast, affordable, fiber-based internet access and related services, currently operating in four states and is expanding both organically and inorganically (via m&a). As described above, we believe that each community/region is unique and should be supported by an equally unique, thoughtful, and locally-managed internet-access business, led by a local GM and a local team with lean support and guidance from a central team. Wyyerd has also undertaken the effort to build progressive software to enable local support of customers, networks, financials and people. Wyyerd’s vision is to become the cornerstone partner for internet connectivity, fiber and facilities interconnection, smart community enablement and sustainable development, one community at a time across the US and Southern Canada.
About This Role
The Technical and Activation Representative is a technical support role that teams with the Customer Service and Activation Representative (CSAR) team at Zona to support customer needs when customers call in. The exact nature of activity day-to-day and the degree of responsibility in the technical area is dependent upon the ebb and flow of the team.
The Technical and Activation Representative is a vital part of the Zona Wyyerd team. This position is the face of Zona Wyyerd to the customer, and, critically, helps build customers’ loyalty and confidence in Zona by helping them with issues impeding their service. The ideal candidate for this role will be highly customer-oriented and a team player; one who enjoys helping other people and building business and brand loyalty in the process.
- Assist customers to resolve connectivity issues through various troubleshooting steps and diagnostic tools
- Troubleshoot technical issues in order to obtain First Call Resolution
- Schedule on site service calls when necessary to ensure prompt resolution
- Provide support to field technicians as needed
- Input trouble tickets in the CRM platform for accurate record maintenance
- Provision new services, discontinuations and other changes in network management system
- Monitor status of escalation cases to confirm customer’s trouble has been resolved
- Provide back up to the customer service and activation team with non technical overflow calls including sales and billing inquiries
- Suggest products and services for customer’s needs
- Promote Zona’s products and services and up-sell where appropriate for customers
- Other duties as required
- Strong multi-tasking skills, including conversing while navigating a CRM platform simultaneously
- Self starter who is motivated to take on this role without requiring a high level of direction
- Must enjoy working with the public, both on the telephone and in person
- Ability to learn at least two or more computer applications and programs simultaneously
- Excellent active listening and communication skills, patience, understanding, and the ability to de-escalate customers while resolving their issue
- Must be able to articulate troubleshooting steps clearly and concise to all customers, including those who are elderly, hard of hearing or lack of internet knowledge
- Technically proficient in the setup of an internal home network
- Basic understanding of the aspects related to internet speeds, wireless routers and connected devices
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- 1+ years of experience in help desk, technical support or hold relevant industry certifications